1.) “Someday you’ll be really, really grateful that God gave you what you needed instead of what you thought you wanted.”
It’s hard to believe this quote in the middle of our hurt and heartache, but one day we will look back and know why all of this had to happen. Sometimes things need to be removed from our lives in order to realign us with God’s plan.
We are being led to greater things, love. We are being pushed forward towards our purpose, and being pulled closer to the ones truly meant for us.
2) “When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” – C.S. Lewis
Know this, loves. There are blessings in bloom all around us. If only we would lift our gaze off the past, and open our eyes to the blessings in front of us that are begging for our attention.
3) Instead of asking why they left, now I ask, ‘What beauty can I create in the space they no longer occupy?’ – Rudy Francisco
Often when relationships end, we suddenly discover all the free time we have to ourselves now that we’re no longer using that time towards our significant other. Fill that time doing things that bring you joy. Use your newfound freedom to explore, create, and express yourself. Use your gifts to bless and serve others.
4) “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
What did you learn about yourself after all of this? Take note of all the things you learned from your last relationship and allow them to grow you into a better person.
5) “Remember that you were art long before he came to admire you, and you’ll continue to be art even when he’s gone.” – Charlotte Geier
6) “Give up the want of another and be who you are. More often than not, love will come at the precise moment you are simply loving yourself.” – Mark Nepo
Sometimes we long for love so badly that we lose sight of who we are and what’s really important.
Relax, sis. Do you. Focus on your growth. Share your light. Start living authentically. Spend quiet time with God. Go on hikes. Dance it out. Spend time with people that make you feel loved and inspired. Laugh loudly and often. Get completely lost in celebrating the sweetness of life.
And then… when you least expect it, love will show up at your door “at the precise moment when you are simply loving yourself.”
I hope you found some comfort in these quotes today. Know that this season of heart break will not last forever.
We will get through this together!
Do you have any encouraging quotes that have helped you during seasons of heartache?
All my love,