Bad days are bound to happen but they don’t have to stay that way forever. If you’re ever in need of ideas to pick yourself up on those not so bright days, look no further. Check out my list below of 30 pick me ups to make bad days suck a little less.
30 Pick Me Ups:
Buy yourself fresh flowers.
- Visit your favorite spot in the city you live in.
- Wear matching bra and underwear. There’s a sense of pride and satisfaction knowing that you’re matching underneath.
- Scroll through funny memes and watch videos that make you laugh out loud.
- Be on the lookout for all the dogs that are sticking their heads out of windows and smile at how cute and carefree they are.
Find an easy cooking video and attempt to recreate it.
Savor every bite if it tastes good, laugh at yourself if your finished product is nothing like the video.
- Do something simple to make someone’s day & watch their face light up. (Give a compliment. Surprise a friend with their favorite drink.)
- Listen to Chance the Rappers’s song “Blessings.” Believe & prepare for the blessings that are on their way to you right now.
- Have a Harry Potter weekend and if you’re up for it, make your own butter beer.
- Re-watch movies from your childhood.
Look for a cute coffee shop to sit in.
- Diffuse some oils. Lavender and orange are proven to boost moods! 🙂
- Open some windows to let some fresh air and light in.
- Clean, rearrange, and redecorate a space you spend a lot of time in.
- Make a to-do-list with fairly easy tasks to give you a sense of productivity and accomplishment.
- Buy cute string lights and hang them in your bedroom.
- Find a quiet & cozy area. Turn on some calming music and write down as many blessings as you can in a journal. Currently, I listen to this when I’m writing in my gratitude journal. Apparently it’s for “children” but I personally find it super calming!
Finally eat at that restaurant you’ve been wanting to try.
- Plan out a fun and simple day (walk in the park, day at the beach, trip to the farmers market, etc.) and experience + document it like it’s the best day of your life. take lots of pictures. notice all of the smells and sounds around you. go home and make a little scrapbook of your day.
- Go to Sephora and take home a bunch of makeup samples.
- TREAT YO’ SELF TO THAT MAKE UP PRODUCT YOU’VE BEEN EYEING! Do it! Do it!
- Get dolled up with your friends and go to a nice dinner for no reason other than to celebrate life.
- Call your parents and tell them how much you miss them. Plan a trip home and request your favorite home cooked meal.
Get happy hour with a good friend and catch up on life. Make room for dessert.
- Write a letter to God. Be completely raw and honest.
- Drive in the car with the windows down and sunroof open.
- Listen to the bridge of “Do It Again” by Elevation Worship.
- Watch the sunset.
Take a hike. Spend time in nature. Forget your troubles for a moment and get lost in the wonder and beauty of God’s creation.
- Remind yourself that this bad day will pass. Know that joy comes in the morning and a new day + fresh start is coming your way.